… and how to create one!
Hi… I am sending daily emails…
I am here in my office and typing away and wondering why it is crucial to building an email list for my business. What is this email list people are talking about?
In all the courses and training I have taken, everyone talks about the importance of an email list. After further research, I have found out that the reason for the primary purpose of an email list is to build trust, and that is the main pillar of your business. This email list is a database of email subscribers who have signed up to receive your company’s
Now, what do I mean by that? What can an email list do?
- You will get people to return to your business because they receive daily emails from you.
- Emails build trust because it is personal.
- All big successful businesses create an email list, and they love them to send out weekly offers and keep in touch.
- You are the owner of this list. The people who subscribe to your list have permitted you to receive offers or daily blogs or helpful tips, and you’ll make more money.
Now the next question you might have is how do I build an email list?
There are many ways to do so, and too many people do not take advantage of it.
Let’s say you have a website; make sure you have opt-in options on every page. Either in CONTACT US, EMAIL US, JOIN US…
Give away a free e-book or a course or a short PDF with tips and tricks.
When your readers have an incentive, they are more likely happy to give you their email address.
You might not like what I say now, but it is the reality. It is all about value, the value you can give to your customers. They care only about what they can get out of it.
If you are not providing enough value, your list will not grow. As simple as that.
Recap some ways to get email addresses:
- Include a link on your website or blog on every page
- Create a sign-up on your Facebook business page.
- Offer a free e-book
- Give something away like samples, a consultation, or a free how-to guide, a how-to video
- Get referrals. Ask your customers to encourage friends to sign up. In exchange, give them a gift
- YouTube videos are great to include a link at the end of every video directing people to your newsletter sign up.
Sounds all good, but there are mistakes to avoid as well:
- sending too few or too many emails
- not sending information relevant to the person who signed up
- no value to the reader
- bad subject lines
- no pre-header
- images do not include alt text
- spelling mistakes
So my conclusion is for all online entrepreneurs who want to bring their business to success, it is your most valuable asset you can build, and if you have not already done so, please implement all the above points into your blogs, youtube videos, newsletters, and even your Facebook fan page.
I hope you enjoyed the short article, and I would appreciate hearing from you in the comments.
Have a great day